Gutter cleaning isn’t a topic that crosses your mind every day. However, it is important to think about it from time to time. Gutters are an investment you make for the upkeep of your home, and our team at Express Gutters can help you keep your gutters in top shape.
Most professionals recommend a thorough gutter cleaning at least twice a year, and here are some reasons why:
1. Avoid roof damage – Gutters clogged with leaves, twigs, and other debris cause rainwater to back up, leaving it nowhere to flow. This backed-up water can cause severe damage to surrounding wood and can even flow under the roof, causing costly ceiling leaks.
2. Keep pests at bay – Leaf-clogged gutters make a perfect haven for less-desirable critters, such as mice, rats, and roaches. Regular cleanings can remove the debris they use as a nest, eliminating the rodent issue.
3. Improve your home’s curb appeal – Gutters with leaves and other debris hanging out of them can be an eyesore, not to mention the leaves that spill from the overstuffed gutter into your surrounding yard. Regular gutter cleanings will make your home look more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
4. Protect your flower beds – Water overflow caused by clogged gutters can wreak havoc on flower beds and surrounding landscaping. You can protect your landscaping investment by having gutter cleaning done regularly.
5. Make your gutters last longer – Well-cared for and well-maintained gutters will last for a much longer time. Gutter cleanings are a part of this regular maintenance, and prevent cracked, rusted gutters.